According to Law 4009/2011, each institution is responsible for ensuring and continuously improving the quality of its educational and research work as well as for the efficient operation and performance of its services, in line with international practices, in particular those of the European Higher Education Area, and the principles and guidelines of Hellenic Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency (HQA).
For the above purpose, responsible for each University is the institution’s Quality Assurance Unit (QAU).
In order to facilitate these processes each Department define the Internal Evaluation Group, which:
- ensures the quality of studies in all curricula of the Department
- is responsible for conducting, in cooperation with the QAU, the internal evaluation process at the academic unit,
- is is responsible for the completion of the questionnaires and the statistics forms, and informs the members of the academic unit about the results
- gathers all the elements necessary for the evaluation, and based on them,
- prepares the Internal Evaluation (self-assessment) report of the academic unit, which submit to the HQA and through it to QAU
- collaborates with HQA to organize and carry out the procedure of the external evaluation or the granting accreditation
The Internal Evaluation Group of our Department is composed of:
- Nikolaos Mamoulis (Professor, Department of Computer Science & Engineering), Coordinator
- Loukas Georgiadis (Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science & Engineering)
- Vasileios Tenentes (Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science & Engineering)
Hellenic Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency (HQA) certifies that the Department’s Undergraduate Program of Studies follows (Fully Compliant) the principles of the HQA quality standard and the Quality Assurance Principles of the European Higher Education Area (ESG 2015) for level 7 of the National and European Qualifications Framework. The Report was completed with the visit of the Panel, appointed by the HQA to undertake the review of the Undergraduate Study Program (Integrated Master) of Computer Science and Engineering of the University of Ioannina for the purposes of granting accreditation. The visit take place in June 2019.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering applies all the evaluation procedures in all curricula of the Department, both for teaching and research work.
The External Evaluation of the Department was completed with the visit of the External Evaluation Committee in June 2011.
The report is available here: External Evaluation Report
The quality assurance policy of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering is in line with the University’s quality assurance policy. It aims at pursuing specific objectives related to the quality assurance of curricula offered by the department.
Quality Assurance Policy
Every academic year, within the framework of the internal evaluation process, Department evaluate the educational work. Below are the aggregated results of the processing of the questionnaires by the QAU (Quality Assurance Unit). The questionnaires filled in from students for every course in each semester.
A faculty member is defined as a Student Advisor (SA) for each student of the Department, who is his / her Advisor for all the years of his / her studies. Students communicate and consult the SA by various means of communication (eg in person or via email).
For face-to-face communication, members of the faculty have appointed specific hours, which are announced on their personal websites.