Online Social Networks and Media
The course covers different issues around different types of networks in life and technology. We will study the theory behind the formation and properties of such networks, processes on networks, algorithms that make use of the network, and tools for analyzing them. For more information you can take a look at the web pages of the course in the previous years.
The course homework consists of assignments, a presentation and a project. The final grade will be determined 25% by the assignments, 25% by the presentation, and 50% by the project.
· Final Grades: Here are the final grades for the course. If you have any questions please contact us by Thursday 6/3. The grades will be sent to the registrar on Friday 7/3.
· There is an extension to the deadline for the project for Tuesday 11/2, 12:00 noon. You should submit your project report by email to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The schedule for the project examination is on the Homework page of the course.
· The deadline for submitting your project is Monday 10/2. The examination will be on Wednesday 12/2 and Thursday 13/2. The schedule of the exams will be announced soon. On the homework page there are detailed instructions on how to structure your project report.
· There is an extension for Assignment 3 until Friday 24/1 at 17:00.
· The second part of Assignment 3 is now available on the Homework page.
· Presentations: This is the schedule for the presentations. The presentations will be 20 minute long. Guidelines for the presentations are on the Homework page.
· The second part of Assignment 3 will be made available after the lecture of January 8th. The deadline for the first part Assignment 3 is still on January 8.
· The list of projects is now available on the Homework page.
· The first part of Assignment 3 is now available on the Homework page.
· Assignment 2 is now available on the Homework page.
· Assignment 1 is now available on the Homework page.